Top of Form Canada offers several categories of work permits to foreign nationals who wish to work in the country. Here are some of the main categories of work permits in Canada:

Employer-specific work permits: These work permits are issued to foreign nationals who have a job offer from a Canadian employer. The employer must obtain a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the Government of Canada to show that there are no Canadians or permanent residents available to fill the job.

Open work permits: These work permits allow foreign nationals to work for any Canadian employer without the need for a job offer. Open work permits are issued to individuals who meet specific eligibility requirements, such as spouses or common-law partners of certain skilled workers or international students.

International Experience Canada (IEC): This program is designed for young adults aged 18 to 35 from partner countries with a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada. IEC allows participants to work and travel in Canada for up to two years.

Intra-Company Transfers: This work permit category is for foreign nationals who are transferred to Canada from a parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate of a Canadian company. The foreign national must have been employed with the company for at least one year before transferring to Canada.

International Mobility Program: This category is for individuals who are exempt from the LMIA requirement. This includes individuals who are covered under international agreements such as the CUSMA or GATS, intra-company transferees, and individuals who are participating in youth exchange programs.

Post-Graduation Work Permit: This category is for international students who have completed a program of study at a designated learning institution in Canada. The permit allows them to work in Canada for up to three years after graduation.

Caregivers: This work permit category is for foreign nationals who are hired to provide in-home care to children, seniors, or individuals with medical needs.

Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (SAWP): This program is for foreign nationals who are hired by Canadian agricultural employers to work in Canada temporarily.

Global Talent Stream: This category is designed to help Canadian employers attract high-skilled talent from around the world. Employers must be referred by a designated referral partner and meet certain requirements to be eligible.

These are some of the main categories of work permits in Canada. Each category has its own eligibility requirements and application process, so it’s important to research each one thoroughly before applying.

Call or email Skylake Immigration to find out your eligibility.